Areas of research interest include study design, facilitation and scientific analysis:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Emergency department management
- Cardiac emergencies
- Cardiac therapeutics
- Emergency department efficiency
- Acute airway management
- Infectious disease emergencies
- ICU outcome
Download Adobe© Acrobat© Reader
You will need this application to view pages that are in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF), and Windows Word.
- Vukmir, RB, Verdile VP, Weiss LD: Gout: A Polyarticular Symmetrical Presentation in an Elderly Female. Am J Emerg Med, January 1990; 8(1):43-5.
- Vukmir, RB, Paris PM: The Three Rivers Regatta accident: An EMS perspective. Am J Emerg Med, January 1991;9(1):64-71.
- Vukmir, RB, Stein KL; Torsades des pointes therapy with Phenytoin. Ann Emerg Med, February 1991;20(2):198-200.
- Vukmir, RB, Yealy DM, Paris PM: Glucagon prehospital therapy for hypoglycemia. Ann Emerg Med April 1991;20(4):375-9.
- Vukmir, RB: Pyogenic hepatic abscess: A case report. Ann Emerg Med, April 1991; 20(4):421-3.
- Vukmir, RB: Torsades des Pointes a review. Am J Emerg Med, May 1991;9(3):250-5.
- Vukmir, RB: Low back pain. Am J Emerg Med, July 1991;9(4):328-335.
- Vukmir, RB, Heller MB, Stein K: Confirmation of endotracheal tube placement: An infrared qualitative CO2 detector.Ann Emerg Med, July 1991;20(7):726-9.
- Vukmir, RB: Aeromonas Hydrophilia: Myofascial necrosis and sepsis. Intensive Care Med, September 1992; 18:172-4.
- Vukmir, RB, Kremen R, Dehart DA, Menegazzi J: Compliance with Emergency Department patient referral. Am J Emerg Med, September 1992; 10(5):413-417.
- Vukmir, RB: Pharyngitis: Adult and pediatric disease. J Emerg Med, September-October 1992; 10:607-616.
- Vukmir, RB: Emergency cardiac pacing: A review. Am J Emerg Med, March 1993; 11:166-176.
- Vukmir, RB: Kremen R, Ellis G, DeHart DA, Plewa MC, Menegazzi J: Compliance with emergency department patient referral: Effect of computerized discharge instructions. Ann Emerg Med, May 1993; 22:819-823.
- Vukmir, RB: Pyogenic hepatic abscess: diagnosis, microbiology, treatment, prognosis: radiographic highlights. Am Family Phys, 1993 May 1; 47(6):1435-41.
- DeVita MA, Vukmir, RB, Snyder JV, Graziano C: Procuring organs from a non heart beating cadaver: A case report. Kennedy Institute of Ethics J, December 1993; 31:371-385.
- Szalados JE, Vukmir, RB: Acute adrenal insufficiency secondary to adrenal hemorrhage manifested as postoperative hypotension. Intensive Care Med, 1994; 20:216-218.
- Vukmir, RB, Kusne S, Linden P, et al: Cerebral phaeohyphomycosis due to dactylaria constricta var gallopava in a liver transplant recipient: Successful therapy with a mphotericin B colloidal dispersion and itraconazole. Clinical Infectious Disease, October 1994; 19:714-719.
- Yealy DA, Paris PM, Vukmir, RB: IRBs and consent. Ann Emerg Med, October 1994; 24(4):759.
- Vukmir, RB, Bircher N, Radovsky A, Safar P: Sodium bicarbonate may improve outcome in dogs with brief or prolonged cardiac arrest. CCM, March 1995; 23(3): 515-522.
- Vukmir, RB: Cardiac arrhythmia diagnosis. Am J Emerg Med, March 1995; 13(2):204-210.
- DeVita MA, Vukmir, RB, Snyder JV, et al: Non heart beating organ donation: A reply to Campbell and Weber. Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal, March 1995; 5(1):43-49.
- Vukmir, RB: Cardiac arrhythmia therapy. Am J Emerg Med, July 1995; 13(4):459-470.
- Vukmir, RB, Bircher N, Safer P: Sodium bicarbonate in cardiac arrest: a reappraisal. Am J Emerg Med, March 1996; 14:192-206.
- Vukmir, RB: Emergency medicine and critical care medicine: the collaborative model. Can J of Emerg Med, 2001 January; 3(1):41-3.
- Vukmir, RB: Prehospital cardiac arrest and the adverse effect of male gender, but not age, on outcome. J Women’s Health, September 2003; 12(7):667-673.
- Vukmir, RB: Prehospital cardiac arrest outcome is adversely associated with antiarrythmic agent use, but not associated with presented complaint or medical history. Emerg Med J, 2004; 21:95-98.
- Vukmir, RB: The influence of urban, suburban, or rural locale on survival from prehospital cardiac arrest. Am J Emerg Med, March 2004; 22(2): 90-93.
- Vukmir, RB: Witnessed arrest, but not bystander CPR improves prehospital cardiac arrest survival. Emerg Med J 2004 May; 21 (3):370-3.
- Vukmir, RB: Does serum prolactin indicate the presence of seizure in the emergency department patient? J Neurology 2004; 251:736-739.
- Vukmir, RB: Medical malpractice: managing the risk. Medicine and Law 2004; 23(3):495-513.
- Vukmir, RB: Drug seeking behavior: A review. Amer J Drug & Alcohol Abuse 2004; 30(3):551-575.
- Vukmir, RB: Survival and outcome from prehospital cardiac arrest. Internet J of Rescue and Disaster Med 2004; 4(1).
- Vukmir, RB: Obesity, but not age, is associated with worsened prehospital cardiac arrest survival. J of Nutrition & Environ Med 2005 March;15(1):1-8.
- Vukmir, RB: Abdominal pain in a child associated with dental amalgam ingestion. Amer J Emerg Med 2005 May; 23(3):391-3.
- Vukmir, RB: Diagnosis of cardiac dysfunction in critically ill trauma patients: The critical nature of end diastolic volume. Turkish J of Trauma & Emerg Surg 2005; 10(4):287-298.
- Vukmir, RB: Survival from prehospital cardiac arrest is critically dependent upon response time. Resuscitation 2006 May;69(2):229-34
- Vukmir, RB: Sodium bicarbonate improves outcome in prolonged prehospital cardiac arrest. Amer J Emerg Med 2006; 24 :156-161.
- Vukmir, RB: Customer Satisfaction, INT J Health Care Qual Assur Inc Leadersh Health Serv, 2006;19 (1):8-31
- Vukmir, RB: Customer Satisfaction, with Patient Care: "Where's the Beef?, Journal of Hospital Marketing & Public Relations 2006; 17 (1):79-107
- Vukmir, RB: The Outcome of Cardiac Dysfunction in Critically Ill Trauma Patients: Myocardial Contusion Complicated by Refractory Hyptension, European Journal of Trauma and Emergency Surgery 2007; October: 1863-9933
- Vukmir, RB: Initial Cardiac Rhythm Correlated to Emergency Department Survival, Clinical Medicine: Cardiology 2009; 3: 9-14
- Vukmir, RB, Howell RN:
Emergency Medicine Provider Efficiency: The Learning Curve, Equilibration and Point of Diminishing Returns, Emerg Med J 2010; 27: 916-920
- Vukmir, RB: Resident Physician Interface in Medical Malpractice, ED Legal Letter 2008; 19(8):90-3
- Vukmir, RB: Don't Risk Defamation Suit From Lying "Expert" ED Legal Letter 2012;23(8):90-92
- Vukmir, RB: Which Patients Are More Likely to Sue EP? ED Legal Letter 2014;25(3):29-30
- Glucagon for Metabolic Endocrinologic Emergencies: Hypoglycemia. Glucagon in Acute Medicine, 47-66, 1992.
- Laryngotracheal Injury from Prolonged Tracheal Intubation (Chapter 79) Textbook of Critical Care Medicine (3rd ), 712-723, 1995.
- Surgical Airway, Cricothyroidotomy and Tracheotomy: Procedures, Complications and Outcomes (Chapter 80) Textbook of Critical Care Medicine (3rd), 724-734, 1995.
- Airway Management in the Trauma Patient. (Chapter 14) The Trauma Manual (2nd), 88-96, 2002.